Sailing instructors are needed for the 2017 Summer Sailing Program.
- Lead Sailing Instructor
- Senior Sailing Instructor
- Staff Sailing Instructor
- Assistant Sailing instructor
- Intern Sailing instructor
How to Apply
There are several different job categories (and age ranges) for summer sailing camp instructors: Intern, Assistant, Staff, Senior, and Lead Instructor.
1. First, study the requirements and qualifications for the position in which you are interested. Complete the application procedures required for that position. Requirements for each instructor position are on the MPYC website.
2. There is no application form to fill out. Instructor positions require three items:
- A complete resume (including sailing experience, leadership experience in school and extracurricular activities (such as scouting, sports, etc.)
- A personal cover letter in which you explain why you are interested in the position and describing why you feel you are well qualified
- Two letters of recommendation from responsible adults who are familiar with your qualifications, character, and work ethic. Remember that it may take some time for your references to complete your letters of recommendation, so get started right away!