Founded in 1953 as a not-for-profit organization, the Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club is a yachting and social club comprised of over 400 adult and junior members who have an interest in sharing boating, sailing, yacht racing and social activities. Club membership is not limited to boat owners.
Our Mission: MPYC connects our members and guests to the boundless recreational opportunities, and proper stewardship of the Monterey Bay and the Pacific Ocean.
Our Vision: The Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club actively engages in Corinthian sailing competitions, recreational boating and cruising, development of the next generation of boaters, camaraderie, friendship and community involvement, leadership and embodiment of sustainable maritime ecological practices.
THE RED CARDS ARE DEAD!!! Only the new cards/fobs will open the front door.
If you signed up for but haven’t picked up your new card/fob. They will be mailed out in the next couple of weeks.
If you have not "signed up" and told us what you and/or your spouse want to use for access, a card or a fob, you can let us know by doing one of the following:
- Filling in a paper form available at the clubhouse and putting it in the House Manager’s box
If you requested two access tokens, you will be billed $10 for the second one.
Thanks again to all the hard work by Louis, our illustrious IT person, Dylan and Fritz. This would not have been possible without their efforts.
A special address for the MPYC.org Calendar can be specified by another tool (Google Calendar, Yahoo Calendar, Apple, etc.) and that external tool can request updates. Once the tool is updated, you can use your smartphone or other device to check that tool's calendar.
For example, I can view Google Calendars on my phone so I create an additional Google Calendar in my account, specify the MPYC.org Calendar ical url and then synch my phone with my Google calendar and I can then see all MPYC calendar events on my phone.
Get the URL (web address)
- Go to the ical Subscribe page under Calendar on the MPYC.org web site
- Select the Categories and Years you would like to see
- I'd recommend select the "Preserve formatting in description…." option
- Select the Select button
- Once the page refreshes, a link should appear below the Select button
- Right mouse click on the link and select Copy Link (or similar - depending on browser used)
- Paste this link into your Calendar tool of choice, I've detailed a few below:
Import into your service of choice
Google (may change as their interface changes)
- Go to your google Calendar - http://calendar.google.com
- in the left-hand navigation use the drop down option to the right of the "Other Calendars" item
- Select the "Add by URL" option
- Paste the URL coped from above into that field
- A new calendar should be created
Yahoo (may change as their interface changes)
- Go to your Yahoo Calendar - http://calendar.yahoo.com
- In the left-hand navigation select the Plus icon to the right of the Subscribed item
- Select the option to Subscribe to other calendars
- Paste the web address obtained above
- Input a desired Display name and Calendar color
- A new calendar should be created
Hotmail (may change as their interface changes)
- Go to your hotmail calendar
- Select the Subscribe option above the current calendar
- Choose "Subscribe to a public calendar"
- Paste the web address into the Calendar URL field
- Input your desired calendar name
- Select the Subscribe to Calendar button
Synch your phone with the service
Once the MPYC events are shown in your service of choice, check your phone calendar to see if it now sees the events.
If it is not done automatically you may need to either:
- Wait and check later
- Have your phone refresh the calendar list
- Turn your phone off and back on