The Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club has a long and rich history of yacht racing. From its inception in 1953 MPYC has been sponsoring yacht races on the Monterey Bay for both MPYC members and racers from other clubs. At present the club sponsors over 100 races a year, from the favorite Wednesday night "beer can" races to the 100km Spinnaker Cup race from San Francisco to Monterey, and everything in between. The club has an excellent history hosting national and regional regattas and very active and successful Junior and Summer Sailing programs consisting of both educational and competitive events.
The Notice of Race encompassing the whole series is posted and registration is open for the 2021 CA Offshore Race Week. Encinal YC, Monterey Peninsula YC, Santa Barbara YC and San Diego YC are looking forward to hosting the offshore racing series again May 29-June 5, 2021. Check for additional details, news and updates on the website. https://www.offshoreraceweek.com/
- Welcome Message by the Race Chair
- Online Race Calendar
- To Register for the 2021 racing season (Registration Instructions):
- 2021 Course Sheet (latest is 01-17-2021)
- Rabbit Start Procedure
- Sailing Instructions
- The super-detailed map of mark locations and more accurate coordinates
- 2021-2024 Rules of Sailing - or get the app
- Recording of General Skipper's Meeting (use passcode Kr.32U^n)
- Recording of the Crew Overboard Training event on zoom can be viewed here (use passcode MPYC-1stCOB!)
- Crew Overboard Training Presentation
- Crew Overboard Video
In addition to the Championship Series, the Club has over the years developed a separate program consisting of twenty traditional races. These have become a permanent feature of the racing scene on the Monterey Bay. The following gives some information on the origin of these special races.
Page 1 of 2